Girlfish
Susannah and Katie made good use of any pool they could get their hands on this summer. We went to the town pool a few times, which has a huge kiddie pool only a foot or so deep. They love putting their faces in the water, and it FREAKED the lifeguard out several times when Katie did it - (she likes to go under, roll over, then stand up) he thought she had fallen and came running through the water to pick her up. It startled her the first time, then she put her face under the second time and laughed with delight when the handsome young lifeguard came rushing to her aid.... (What a fun game!) Now we have to warn the lifeguards beforehand or she'll do it on purpose hoping to get a rise out of them..They are obsessed with all things aquatic: mermaids, the aquarium, (especially the shark tank and petting the stingrays) ships, Scuba Diver Barbie, you name it! They start vibrating with glee when you put their bathing suits on. We have started private lessons at Safe T Swim that will continue through May. Otherwise, I don't know how Alex and I will get through next summer without at least one of us having a heart attack.
After one day at the town pool, I was putting Susannah to bed. After storytime was over, I turned off the light and she said to me "Mommy, let's go to the store and get a girlfish bowl."
"You mean a goldfish bowl?"
"No, a girlfish bowl. And I will swim around and around and around.."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home