Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mommy's Incredible Political Predictions:



Hi, everyone! Susannah and Kate's mommy here with my prediction for the 2008 presidential race. Today is February 13, 2008 and I am calling it for....drumroll please.... John McCain.
Sure, I'd like to see Hillary get her chance, but with her losing in Maryland and Virginia, states that she needed to break for her in the Democratic Primary, things aren't looking so good for her.. (and thusly, for the millions of uninsured in this country...)
The Democratic party is living through an extremely divisive primary, and ardent Hillary supporters are not going to be able to vote for Obama in the general election.
McCain's looking good for the Republican nod, and after five years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, people are looking for someone who knows the true cost of war in their heart. And whatever can be said about McCain, he certainly knows a little something about that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! A bit taken back by the prediction

ars

8:58 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

It's just what I think will happen, not what I necessarily would have preferred. Upon further review, I think the McCain will win, no matter who the Democratic nominee is. The Republican primary has been pretty mild, I don't think Republicans who supported other candidates will have too tough of a time voting for McCain, especially when pitted against either Hillary or Obama..

This is like a repeat of the second Clinton election, when the Republicans tore each other apart in a protracted primary season and couldn't get it together in time for the general election.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home