

Jem and Scout regrouping after their trip to see their pediatrician, I understand that's called "veterinarian". Poor kitties had to get their shots. Oh, kitties, I truly sympathize!!
And a note from the kitties:
Hi, all - Scout here. Jem is too lazy to write, so I'm the spokescat for today. Many of you have wondered how on earth we are adjusting to this crazy little baby. Let me take the time to thank you for your intuitive and thoughtful inquiry re: our feelings. I must say, at first we were just baffled, but we have come to the joint conclusion that Susannah is a Good Thing. While we are more than a little horrified by her lack of fur and a tail, she does seem to be a happy little thing. We weep for the strange and cruel treatment that Mommy and Daddy impose on her - lengthy baths! Gasp! Yet she maintains her sunny persona, despite this adversity. Perhaps this is because Mommy and Daddy will wake from a sound sleep to actually bring her food - in bed, no less - at the slightest cry. We cannot imagine how she has them trained in this way - Jem cries nightly at 4am for food, to no avail. We eagerly hope to learn from her this Power that she has over them.
We have also noticed that she has a fortunate mutation which she shares with Mommy and Daddy -Opposable Thumbs. We have great hopes that someday she will parlay this into a talent for administering crunchies and treats. But for now, she abstains from the Pulling of the Tail, and Mommy seems to be sucessful in teaching her the Gentle Touch. And we are constantly amazed at the wide assortment of boxes, packaging and gift wrap - so much fun to play with - that have accompanied her arrival. So although we know those boxes were meant for Susannah's enjoyment, on behalf of Jem and myself, I heartily thank you for all those gifts which you have so generously sent. And now I must go nap in Susannah's bouncy chair.
Signing off,
Scout

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home