Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'm Exhausted!

Not one, but two playdates with some handsome young fellas this weekend!!

We went out to dinner Saturday night with Jared and his Mommy and Daddy from down the block. He's four months older than me, with a quick smile that would melt any girl's heart. He's already standing up on his own! At my age, that's as key as a boy with a nice car!! I watched him pretty closely...unbelievable that I will be standing on my own someday soon.

On Sunday I hung out with my friend across the street, Matthew. Of the two fellas, Matthew is the "older man" at age three (years, not months, people - can you believe it??) and he's just crazy about me. He calls me "Zuzanna" and was so excited to see me and Mommy coming across the street that he ran to his Mommy, screaming "Zuzanna's coming, Zuzanna's coming!!!" We sat for a long time on the porch with our mommies, and Matthew let me hold his hand. Or rather, his fingers. Other neighbors came over to say hello to me, but Matthew said, "No. Zuzanna here for me." Then he saw the other kids playing in the sprinkler (boy, was it a hot day...) and left to go play. C'est la vie. It was too hot for holding hands, anyway.

I also did some other things this weekend - added two new foods to the lineup - applesauce and squash. Yummy! These days I like my solid foods SOOO much - I'm almost sad to drink the formula, solids are so much more fun. I also went for a jog with Mommy in the jogging stroller. So fun when she goes fast! (Unfortunately, she didn't do so much of that this time - too hot!) And I can't forget our weekly supermarket jaunt. So many things to look at, it's a wonder you grownups ever get out of there!

Mommy also unwrapped my Fisher-Price Aquarium, which I've been eying from day one, but since it says "for 6 months and older", Mommy's been making me wait. I know I'm not six months yet, but Mama let it slide today. It's so much fun - it lights up and makes bubbly sounds and music when I touch it. When I'm older and sitting up better, it's got fishies (in clear plastic balls) that I can put in the aquarium - but I think that will be a while. I am also still intensely enjoying my jumperoo and my activity center. My feet comfortably touch the bottom of both toys now - I must be getting taller! I'm not exactly looking forward to my pediatrician's appointment at the end of the month (shots, you know...) but I am interested to hear exactly how much taller I've gotten. Mommy had to get me some new sleepers because I was stretching out the feet on the old ones. I'm in size 6-9 mos now!! I'll be applying to college before you know it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it was just a matter of time before she started noticing the boys but I must say I thought it would take a little longer than 5 months!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ah, don't fret, Nana - I don't notice them so much as they notice me.. wink, wink..

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home