Welcome Pope Benedict XVI!!


Actually, this picture was taken yesterday, as Mommy was folding the laundry. Nothing like a nice toasty sunbonnet just out of the dryer...
Today I was having a nice bottle for lunchtime when Mommy was channel-surfing and we saw smoke on the Sistine Chapel... We thought it looked like white smoke, but Headline News said, nope, it was the black smoke and went back to their regular program.. We looked around some more and saw the words "Humo Blanco" on Hoy, the Spanish language news channel, and Mommy was pretty sure "Blanco" meant white, so we checked CBS, and sure enough, they said it was white, too! Well, I knew white smoke meant that the Cardinals had elected a Pope, so I stayed put and worked on my bottle. I had Mommy call my Grandma, because I knew she'd be interested, and wake up my Daddy so we could all watch together. After all, the last time this happened, my Mommy was three, and my Daddy was four, so who knows how old I'd be when I'd get to see this again...
But that Pope took too long to get dressed, and I fell asleep. Darn!

3 Comments:
Nice picture. Pope Benedict wants to know when the Christening is....
Pope Benedict
Dear Pope Benedict-
Oh, great! Let me know when you're coming and I'll schedule the christening for then!
See you soon..
Susannah
My Dear Susannah,
That gesture of your mommie & you calling me at work was soooo nice. I was proud to be the first to announce that we have a Pope! all because you and your mommie are such thoughtful sweeties.
You are a real joy for us.
Love you,Grandma
Post a Comment
<< Home