My big Thursday..


Hi, all - just a little shout-out to all my peeps who may be waiting for an update on my visit to the pediatrician... It went pretty good after all. Here is a picture of me with my pediatrician, Dr. Hadjuk. (And no, gentlemen, she does not take patients over eighteen...)
My new stats:
Weight: 14 lbs, 13 ozs. (up 2 lbs, 9 ozs. from last month)
Height: 2' even (up a quarter of an inch from last month)
Head Circumference: 41 cm. (up two centimeters from last month)
I jumped up a whole quarter-percentile across the board; I am now in the 75th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height and head circumference. Not bad for somebody who started out in the 5th percentile for weight, huh?? Doc says I can start out on the baby cereal now, and veggies soon to follow... Woo-hoo! I've been waitin' for a decent meal for four months!!
As for the shots, well, can't say I liked 'em much. Mommy gave me some tylenol at the beginning of the visit so it would kick in a bit by the time I got the shots. 3! Count 'em. Blecch. I actually liked the tylenol this time - sweet and yummy...smack, smack! Obviously I turned beet red and angry during those shots - who wouldn't be? But once Mommy and Daddy snuggled with me and strapped me into my jump seat, I knew it was over and relaxed a bit, other than random yowls - like the photographer yesterday, I believe it does not pay to reward bad behavior from adults. But by the time we left the parking lot, I was fast asleep. Took an eight-ouncer when I got home and got the dipe changed, and it was off to sleep.
On a happier note, I had a marvelous time today visiting Grandma A. at work - what great friends she has!! And such wonderful taste in babies - I got loads of great compliments!! Let me just shout out a hello to Marian and Kathy, who had lunch with us - Hello, Ladies!! I would have a picture of us all, but for my Mommy. She had the camera, but not the battery.. Doh! Oh well, she's quick with the milk, and that's what matters...

4 Comments:
Susannah you were such a hit at my workplace that the day after my coworkers still came up to say what a beautiful and wonderful baby you are. Now the folks at my job know why I constantly talk about you.
And your mommy is a sweetie too for not only for bringing you up to my dayhome (workplace) but also for being so nice to everyone that came to take a peak at the greatest baby.
Love you
Grandma
Thanks, Grandma! I had a great time, too. Thanks also for the cool "Goodnight Little Bear" book. We've read it several times, and I find Little Bear's ears to be quite tasty.
Mommy says also to thank you for lunch..sorry I couldn't share it, that sandwich looked really good!
I wish I bought stox that went up at these rates....
Me, too!
Post a Comment
<< Home